What is Physiotherapy Treatment?
Physiotherapy is a way of curing masses affected by injury, ill health and disability.
They are also known as physical therapist or PT’s. The treatment does not include any type of medicine and focus is on rectifying the defect in the body through muscular movement.
Physiotherapists also play an imperative role in health progress and disease prevention. With increasing age, body very often suffer from neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease, Chronic Fatigue, Dementia, Paralysis etc.
In such cases, physiotherapy is a very promising means of keeping such neurological disorders away and stops further deterioration because physiotherapy takes an integrated musculoskeletal and neuromuscular approach to the treatment of the problem.
3 Common Physiotherapy Treatment Techniques
Manual Therapy Technique For Physiotherapy
These can comprise, joint manipulation and mobilisation (which includes spinal mobilisation), manual resistance training, and stretching.
Exercise Therapy in Physiotherapy
It involves muscle stretching and strengthing, posture correction, sports injuries rehabilitation.
Electrotherapy in Physiotherapy
It encompasses TENS, SWD, Ultrasound, IFT, Electrical Muscle Stimulator, CPM.
9 Benefits of Physiotherapy
- Work with patient’s pre and post surgery, assist people come back from illness and chronic disease, injury, industrial and motor vehicle accidents and age related conditions.
- Those who endure pain whether in the back or neck, or joint pain such as hips, knees, ankles, wrists, elbows or shoulder.
- Medical care and management of arthritis, diabetes, stroke and traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and a range of respiratory conditions.
- Treatment includes therapeutic exercise to strength, range of motion and endurance and to correct postural and muscle imbalance, joint mobilisation, manipulation and soft tissue massage, as well as stretching and trigger point therapy to lessen stiffness and to ease pain.
- Patients with orthopaedic problems which include disorders of the ligaments, bones, muscles, tendons, joints, nerves and skin, can greatly benefit from physiotherapy problems.
- Treatment for Neurological problems that involve injuries, illnesses, and disorders related to nervous system.
- It tackles obesity. Another reason is way of living. Physiotherapists can structure exercise programs that won’t overtax vulnerable joints.Even it helps patients selecting shoes with the right support and conditioning can aid to get immobile patients moving again. Alike principles are used when working with patients whose movement has declined due to aging or the side effects of chemotherapy.
- Medical care for cardiopulmonary disease which include both heart and lungs.
- Physiotherapy inculcates breathing method. Physiotherapy also addresses conditions in the autonomic nervous system’ the involuntary muscles and nerves that manage our organs. People suffering with asthma or sleep apnea, for instance, can be treated by cardiovascular physiotherapists, who may use breathing control exercises’ to make better the mobility of chest and neck muscles through stretching and strengthening programs.
How Can Amandeep Hospital Help You in Physiotherapy Treatments?
Department of Physiotherapy at Amandeep Hospital is headed by HOD Dr. Amandeep Kaur & Dr. Vikas Kumar. They are very well versed with their work. Apart from routine activities, this department also works for social welfare by organizing camps at various remote areas for patients under Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan.
Services for Physiotherapy Treatments
- Cardio Vascular & Pulmonary
- Women Health
Request An Appointment for the Top Physiotherapist in Amritsar.